Girl Scouts of Colorado

Can I make a donation to my daughter's troop?

Troops may directly accept donations of any amount without notifying Council, but the gift is not considered tax-deductible under IRS regulations as troops are not 501(c)3s. 

If you or your organization/corporation make a donation of $250.00 or more designated to a troop and require a tax receipt the gift must be made to Girl Scouts of Colorado who will then “pass it through” to the troop. We call this a Troop Sponsorship or pass through donation.

The first step is to fill out a Troop Sponsorship form. This form tells Girl Scouts of Colorado to expect the donation and how it should be handled when it is received.

Donations should be made payable to Girl Scouts of Colorado and mailed to the corporate office:
3801 E Florida Ave Ste 720
Denver, CO  80210.

Once the check and troop sponsorship form have both been received a check will be mailed to the troop.
Contact with questions.

Did you find this article helpful?