What qualifies as "unrelated" adults?
What qualifies as “unrelated” adults?
For Girl Scout meetings, trips and events, Girl Scouts stipulates that there must be at least two unrelated adult volunteers in attendance. Girl Scouts of Colorado defines the following relationships as related:
• Spouses, partners, or other long-term significant others
• Siblings (including half, step siblings, adopted)
• Parents (biological or adopted)
• Children (biological or adopted)
• Other family members whom you permanently cohabitate with
Related adult volunteers are welcome to volunteer in the same troop or service unit together but must have another adult volunteer with a current membership and eligible background check attend meetings and events with them. If your troop needs an additional volunteer, contact your Placement Specialist or email email@example.com and we would be happy to assist you.
Did you find this article helpful?